SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION! : (
TWITTER   FACEBOOK   RSS                                                                                  

Monday, December 20, 2010

MUSIC SPOTLIGHT - SLIM DA MOBSTER

Unless you are a big fan of the Dr. (Dre) or love west coast hip-hop you probably don't know much about this dude, Slim Da Mobster. I am just putting this out to hopefully spread more good music. check out his HipHopDX interview and his Aftermath interview, just click the links. This is the dude who wrote Dre's verse for Kush and you can expect huge things from this man once Detox drops, which I can guarantee he will be on, and you can quote me on that.

here are some good quotes from the articles:

Aftermathmusic.com: What is the biggest difference between working with Dr. Dre in the studio than any of the other producers you’ve worked with?
Slim da Mobster: He makes me nervous.(laughs) But it makes me go harder. Ask Stat Quo and Young Buck how i go hard, but Dre gives me the power. I need to be a super man. When you hear his beats it just come. I don’t need a pen or paper, the words just come to. Dre asked was I on Drugs, because I was knockin out so many records. (laughs) No drugs. I’m Detox, but I might relapse. (laughs)
Aftermathmusic.com: Dr. Dre said that you will you be on DETOX. Can you tell us more about the project and what you’ve done with him so far?
Slim da Mobster: I wrote a song and 50 Cent is on it. And a couple of other joints, but the rest you got to wait.
From HipHopDX
"We done with Dr. Dre’s album," said Slim. "We waiting on all the singles to come out, I got a little influence on that. That’s always good. We got Em getting ready to get on his stuff. You know how that go...I had a lot to do with [Detox] on different levels. It was certain songs that I probably didn’t write on, but I probably chose the beat. I got a lot of different elements on that album. That album and my album’s gonna two totally different vibes. So that’s gonna be the biggest transition. For the shit that you hear with him and me – I gotta couple great records with him that’s gonna be on that album
full interview video below... watch out for this dude...

0 comments: