For Big Boi fans, it has been a long time coming for Sir Lucious Left Foot and the Son of Chico Dusty (and this review, ha!) but in my opinion it was worth the wait. As expected Big Boi goes lyrically crazy over the whole cd but I just don’t agree with some of the beats he choose to use...then again, it’s not my album. However a good portion of the production was good and includes some bangers like 'General Patton'. 'Shutterbug', the albums first single also brings producer Scott Storch back in the spotlight (who even remembers his last hit song?).
The one thing Big Boi is a genius at is effectively using his features. The R & B song 'Hustle Blood' uses Jamie Foxx in a great way and he even has a song with Gucci (never thought the two would pair up but hey) and it turned out to be a pretty good collab. The CD itself is stock piled with more Atlanta artists then just Gucci, as T.I. and B.o.B. are also featured on the album.
Overall my favorite songs would have to be 'Shutterbug', 'Night Night' w/ B.o.B. and 'For Yo Sorrows'; all of which show Big Boi is still one of the greats in the rap game.
Overall, I give this album a B+...so go out and BUY this!
Overall, I give this album a B+...so go out and BUY this!

0 comments: