SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION! : (
TWITTER   FACEBOOK   RSS                                                                                  

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

R.T.F. SLEEPER SERIES: USR's JAY-CRO aka JAY-YOUNGN'


This past weekend, @teamRTF got the opportunity to hit up a video shoot w/ Jay-Cro for his premiere single, It’s Nothing.  We came across him thru the Twitter world when we first caught the ‘Youngn’s Intro’ video from his Potential: Then & Now mixtape that he dropped off last November.

We had to dig a little deeper on what else he was bringing to the table…figured out that he can shut the booth down.  After playing thru the mixtape a couple of times, there’s no doubt that this is an artist you shouldn’t sleep on. 


Aside from the V-Log we got at the video shoot, we also chose to make him our R.T.F. Sleeper Pick for the month of May.  Check out the interview that R.T.F. got with USR’s next up, as he proves as to why he shouldn’t be one to be slept on…
Give us a breakdown of who you are...not the artist, but the person.
Im just your regular chill dude…outside of music, I’m real silly, ready to party for the occasion and a humble guy always looking to stay productive.


Now who are you as Jay-Cro, the artist?
I’m known as “Jay-Cro Jay-Young’n”; im the type of artist that incorporates real life experiences and my personality into my music. So I can make songs of just about anything you can think of.
-How long have you been doing the rap thing: 7 year; since I was 13.
-What would consider to be your motivation for music: My camp U.S.R. & the mirror (LOL), and the strive for success, real talk.
-What label are you with: U.S.R.(United Street Regime).
-Who would you cite as your musical influences: Eminem, Lil’ Wayne, Kanye, T.I., and Biggie.

What are some big things that you have already accomplished in your music career?
Well I’ve grown a fan base on the net with over 70k downloads on my last mixtape.  I recorded my 5
th mixtape in total, and I’ve also had over 20+ official blog features (and more to come).  All along with numerous interviews, magazine features, and performance opportunities.


Why should people not sleep on you as an artist?
Because I most def make music everybody can feel and relate too and I don’t target one set audience.  I think my flow can catch a lot of people’s ears once they get the wax out of ‘em.


What do you have that makes you different than other artists in your category?
I have my own style when it comes to delivery and adlibs…plus I don’t think many people will take it to the extreme that I will on certain subjects.  Also I tell no stories; I try to keep my raps as real as possible. My life is in my records and I try to keep it that way.

What are some things we should look forward to coming from you? Things such as more mixtapes, albums, or even business moves?
Well I just dropped my single “Its Nothin” and shot the vid so that’s going to be something epic in its self. Besides that, I got a mixtape dropping this summer that I’m going let the people decide the name of it and also my EP dropping this NOV “Young’ns N’ Charge”.  I got a real big event coming this summer in the city called “3Days B4 Fame”; we did it last year and it was such a banger so we had to do it again…and hopefully the whole city comes out again.  Besides that, I’ll have more promo vids on the way.

What are ways that the people can contact you? (Twitter, email, website, etc.) twitter > @JayCro877
www.WatUpDoeJayCro.com youtube.com/jayyoungn FB JayCro USR JayYoungn jayyoungn@gmail.com MANAGEMENT urbanlaxentertainment@gmail.com

R.T.F. would like to thank Jay-Cro for the time he took out to do the video and written interviews.  We will be keeping y’all posted on moves made by Youngn and the USR camp.

Don’t Sleep!

0 comments: