SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION! : (
TWITTER   FACEBOOK   RSS                                                                                  

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

REMEMBER BACK WHEN-SDAY: MAY.19.2010

Welcome back to our Remember Back When-sday series, where we take a brief look back at some of our favorite recollections of the past, whether its music, videos, styles, moments…you get the picture.  This is Bp and I will be hosting it this week. We will be featuring an Outkast classic, a clothing item EVERYBODY had, the worst night in NBA history and a fallen angel. Once again...let's get into it.

I'm Sorry Ms. Jackson...oooooh
Consider them one of the pioneers of Southern rap.  I know I celebrated Ludacris' Southern Hospitality last week but Outkast were the ones who made it even possible for Luda to take the spotlight.  They've been doing this since 1990 and are still selling records to this present day.  With the assemblance of Big Boi and Andre 3000, they combined funk with rap and created a whole new sound; sounds we here in artists like Kid Cudi, B.o.B., Wiz Khalifa, etc.  
We all can remember this video though (hopefully)...Ms. Jackson = #classic.  They had the whole world singing this melody.  Take a quick ride back to 2000 and enjoy the music video for Ms. Jackson, off of their Stankonia album.

Malice At the Palace
The NBA has had it's fair share of ups and downs; this moment is right down there with the Tim Donaghy betting scandal.  As a Detroit native, I was almost proud of this moment...but I was a young'n and anything with violence definitely caught my attention.  I actually remember watching this game, then turning it off in the 4th quarter and waking up in the middle of the night with the whole thing on replay.  
The melee in Auburn Hills on November 19th, 2004 turned out to be one of the biggest in-game sports altercations ever.  
I got embarrassing seeing one of our Pistons fans get laced across the jaw on the court though...


Throwback Jerseys
You weren't considered any type of cool if you didn't posses ONE throwback jersey in your household.  I had a good six or seven in my closet and possibly rocked them to school everyday.  And you weren't doing it right if you didn't have the hoodie under it too...at least in my area.  It was almost like a trading card convention when we wore our jerseys to school.  We would just talk about the jersey's we had and bragged about the name on our jersey being better than the next man.  It was all in good fun, but these days they're considered a no-no.  You gotta really have something to accompany the jersey if you choose to wear them in public these days. I caught MurpH with one on the other day....#DEAD.


Aaliyah's Death
To this day, it's kind of sad to think about this.  Aaliyah was near that status where anything she did in the music game was selling.  With producer Timbaland behind most of her work and collabo's with names like Missy Elliott, Diddy and more.  She had the potential to become one of the greatest in the industry, but her life was cut short due to an over exceeded weight capacity on her airplane.  Her last music video that she shot was Rock the Boat, and that was the video shoot she was coming back from when the plane crashed.  August 25th, 2001 seems like a while ago, but her legacy will continue to live.  22 years old is too young of an age to die...
To this day...R.I.P. Aaliyah Dana Haughton


Sorry to end on a depressing note, but I hope you enjoyed this week's edition of Remember Back When-sday.  Tune in next week fools!

0 comments: