While visiting Detroit to perform on Saturday for his The Invitation tour, 50 Cent sat down with the Detroit News and discussed the potential of his fifth studio album.
The album is entitled Black Magic and is set to release sometime later this year. Curtis said that he had been listening to Tupac and Biggie for the inspiration of his new album.
“I listen to those records to create expectations. It creates a level to me, within myself, of how good the record has to be before I’m ready to launch it.”
He also tells us on how the new album is more soulful and more mature that they typical albums we hear from 50. He doesn't want to put a rush into the album either due to the rushing of his last album Before I Self-Destruct, which he admits to being a disappointing album.
“When I rush, it’s not my best. And then I get a response that isn’t the best.”
Not only that, but Curtis talks more about his acting career, the music business today and not letting the critics get to him
The tour begins in Cleveland tomorrow and he'll be at Chene Park in Detroit on Saturday.

0 comments: